Monday, October 19, 2009

New bicycles, yeh!

It took me and Benny 3 days before we could find suitable ones.

1st day
- Rushed down to AMK after our work on Friday.
(have to apologize to my colleague Belinda who ask me out for hotpot a few days bfore, and after tons of dilly-dally, I still went out with bf instead. Shd slap myself in the face..where is my independence? *smack myself in the face*)


We took a bus from AMK even..only to know upon reaching there that there are no bikes that are within our bike range..they only sell high-end ones...sigh...was so pissed.

Lesson: You should always check out if they have your budget range bfore heading down.

2nd day
- Went down to IMM where Giant was, supposedly they have a good range of bikes. But no, most of their bikes belonged to a brand that had quite bad reviews online. Disappointed again.

3rd day - Went down to a bike shop at Sembawang, and finally! Now Benny and I are the proud owners of two pretty bicycles. Both are the same brand but his is a mountain bike while mine is a ladies bike. Both are in the $200+ range and are both paid by me..cos I am giving Benny the bicycle as his birthday pressie..so that's it.

NO restaurants, foodcourts all the way.
But I am quite looking forward to the cycling part!
We shall save on transport and the enviroment!

Just to share, I got a bad fall on my bicycle yesterday nite though..scraped my leg and a finger badly with bleeding. To top it off, the bicycle landed on top of me.

Yep, my first bicycle ride and I was more concerned about whether the bike had any scratches.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh~ y a bicycle?! where are u guys planning on cycling to? really so healthy sia~

Jasmine Lee said...

i hope to cycle all the way to east coast park!

no la..but my wildest dreams would be cycling to amk to meet u guys then cycle back again.

ya man..tats my wildest dreams..

Anonymous said...

my gosh... cycle to AMK? U sure or not? that's quite a big feat as well...
I just went for my morning brisk walking with Alan... gosh~ its been so long since I went for "exercise"

~Miss K

Jasmine Lee said...

brisk walking also not bad ma..its a good form of exercise also but abit tiring..i prefer walking a few hrs in the shopping mall for exercise hehe..
but just u wait, i will cycle to amk one day once i built up my stamina, it shd be pretty soon! =)

s said...

been yons since I last cycled and I so want to join you! but after I stop breastfeeding lah - maybe one year later? sigh :/