Monday, April 28, 2008

Prata Session

Went to meet up Ding Feng at Sunplaza for a prata session today. Have not saw him for sometime since the last meeting where we talked at the playground underneath his block. It's great to meet him up because he is good company. One thing about him is that he is straightforward, doesn't mince words and takes no crap from anybody. We talked about what's going on in our life over prata and drinks.

He was mentioning abt this phase, " its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do to do anything". This seems to stem from a buddhist viewpoint, but have to say i agreed with him. It's because humans have too many attachments, be it emotional or otherwise, that binds us from maybe seeing a different path. Its only when we liberate ourselves from people and things that we are brave to do what we wished...? And yet, we are humans after all, and which human does not bind himself to earthly things? Its because we are human that we are able feel such a wide range of emotions. And which i was telling him, from a scientific point of view or a detached view of myself, even i am amazed that i can actually feel so much in me. That i never thought i had it in me, for i can be quite realistic when i had to in the past and yet even my own emotions can be pushed to this extent. Like, if you ever think you can't live without someone, its laughable and wondorous at the same time. But how amazing.

Anyway Ding Feng is quite funny, everytime he catches me drifting off in my own thoughts, he try to distract me. "See, there you go again!" I laughed sheepishly whenever he catches me doing that. But he can be a dose of reality, its nice.

No comments: