Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sleepless

I can't get to sleep. I laid in bed for a long time, tossing and turning, sometimes opening my eyes to look into the darkness. Dread fills every fibre of my being, spreading from the tips of my fingers, up my arms, my face and down to my legs. My heartbeat is erratic and my breathing comes in shallow and uneven spurts. My mind is in a panicked state and its all because Secret(why secret, you may ask?...it's a secret) suggested meeting for dinner at Marina Square. My heart sank.

I hate Marina Square and I hate Esplanade. The places are linked to a nightmarish memory that haunts and torments me still. I hate them, because i still cannot walk pass the place without the forbidden memory popping up in my mind. I hate them, i tried to shove the bad memories out and it keeps coming back. They are toxic and i need to to hide them in the darkest recesses of my mind and never visit them again.

I hate them with an intensity no one would understand.

No comments: