Sunday, March 1, 2009

exercising misadventures

Our exercise regime has so far been a mild disaster. This afternoon I met him up at Clementi, and we drove to West Coast Park with the intention of cycling for two hours. Turns out there was no bike rental shop EVEN THOUGH the west coast park site map dictates otherwise. I wonder how long has it not been updated? It's the 2nd time we made a wasted trip in 2 weeks, damn.

Then plan B was to go his house for gym and a swim. So we headed to my house to get my swimwear, and also to pass him the brochures and ferry timings for Bintan we are supposed to book for this sat. We went by the long way..bukit batok, then we PASS HIS HOUSE...after which it started to rain heavily, then at the juncture where we are supposed to turn into my area(woodlands ave 12), he missed it and we were on the road to Yishun. Of course the missed turn was attributed to me, cos I was talking to him. I wasn't in the best of moods while in the car because the rain was a real damper plus the fact we were sorta lost, but then he smiles and says as long as we are together. He is getting to be quite a sweet talker, but in my heart I wish for it to be true. In the end, we came back to my place tired and dizzy from the long ride. No more exercise, we had to rest. Stayed at my house for 1 hr plus then he had to go back and return the car.

And on wed, we went his house after work for gym. The plan was to exercise first before eating dinner. But I was too hungry and we ended up having dinner first, which made us so lazy to go gym after that. But we perservered! And then while I was putting on my sports shoes, I realised the sport shoes were of different sizes, albeit same designs. Turns out one of them belongs to my sister.

Even though the shoes were both for the right feet, he encouraged me to wear it because it should still be wearable rite? Yeah...I was already sceptical but still I tried it on even though when my left feet was squeezed into a sports shoe that was a size too small, I could feel my feet being uncomfortably and contorted unnaturally in the opposite direction. When I tried to take a step, it was a killer. I think it was lucky I didn't sprain anything, I really thought my left feet was a goner for a moment. In the end I lended his old sports shoes which were too big for me but alot more comfortable.

That's it for this entire week.

My plan of swimming yesterday was also squashed due to my sis flying me an aeroplane and by the time she "flew" the aeroplane, it was already about 7pm and I don't think its safe for me to swim alone in the dark considering I am far from a strong swimmer.

Got to met up with Carrie and her bf Lawrence instead at Causeway point for some bread, corn soup, milk tea etc. Lawrence was baptised yesterday and Carrie did invited me to go, but I decided not to in the end as there were too many people and I did not know what was expected. They shared with me their knowledge of buying flats, it's quite interesting and it be useful in time to come.

2 comments:

s said...

you are such a klutz. i dunno how benny is going to manage that in the long run!

Jasmine Lee said...

he will manage one la..hehehe