Wednesday, February 25, 2009

free tissues

Yesterday while I was eating lunch at Army market, the old lady selling tissues came over and handed me 3 packets of tissues. Thinking she was asking me to buy, I forked out the money. But turns out she was giving it to me free of charge as a gesture of thanks for an ang pow that I have given to her during Chinese New Year. It kinda lighted up my lunch hour, but it's sad because we can only do so much..random acts of kindness can't deny the fact she has no family of her own.

Chinese New Year is a period where people with familes look forward to getting together with relatives and families, but for some they have none.

4 comments:

Paul said...

U work in Beach Rd? Used to be my workplace.

Anonymous said...

The lady is returning it back to you by simple things. This is really an acts of kindness. I am happy for both of you for doing such a great deeds! wanna share your good deeds? go to A Global Tribe.

Jasmine Lee said...

Paul: ya i work at north bridge road :)

Jasmine Lee said...

imee: gee..thank you..i shall try that :)