Tuesday, May 12, 2009

KL Trip

I am back from my KL trip! Guess not much people even know I am even going there in the first place. It's for my oldest cousin's wedding(he is 45yrs old) n his wife is 38yrs old n 5mths pregnant. It's a classic case of "buy big, get small free". My cousin is overjoyed at the prospect of being a dad going by his ear-to-ear grin. Am happy for him, even if I have to admit I din't tok much to him. But since he is the oldest cousin after all, getting hitched was a big occasion and almost everyone of our relatives turned up except for my own brother who was unfortunately unable to make it.

This is the first time I bought along a significant other, and I am glad that he was able to accompany me through all the delays and changes and being at the mercy of my relative's transport. (next time we must get a car of our own!) I super duper envy my spore relatives who all went back in a car and thus they were able to get around on their own without being subjected to other people's time arrangement. Malaysia is not a safe place after all and for all the endless waiting for my relatives to fetch us to and fro, I was about bored to tears. :( (even cabs are out of the question due to safety issues.)So to reiterate, we(I) need a car!!!! (or my brother available to drive us, hehe)

Having said that, it was kinda good to see my relatives, just tat the issue of transport always spoilts my mood when I cun go anywhere as fast as I want to. Have not seen most of them in years, and during this time quite a few of them have got married and got kid(s) of their own. It's quite unsettling to see so many toddlers and youngsters running about and I cun even begin to figure which child belongs to which cousin! And there were so many relatives that I din manage to say a sentence or two..some I din even get to speak to at all. Such a pity. But there were too many people and I was too lost.

I din get to take photos of my baby niece with other kids..namely Owen and Wanting. *arrggghhh*

All along I had wanted to get a photo of them and now they are walking and even Wanting is running already and still no pic! Haizz..I forgot to take along my mobile too, so couldnt go around taking photos of other kids...din get to take much photos with my cousins either...most of them bought along their significant others as well..seems like they are keeping to themselves or maybe it's just me. But we did take quite a few reunion photos, although I looked like a fat cow in almost all of them.

Went up to Genting at the last minute as well. Benny and I are supposed to go back to spore yesterday, but my bro who arrived in the morning at KL only yesterday wanted to drive up to Genting for a few hrs, so we thought, why not just go up for a few hours then take a bus there to spore directly? So off we(sister, benny, bro and his wife) went...then my bro's car broke down on the way..after the time wasted, we reached at Genting around 2.40pm. Saw that the last bus to spore was at 3.30pm, and we had no choice but to buy the tickets..so disappointing. So with no time to spare, we ate at Burger King and went off to board the bus at 3.15pm. Very sad rite? All the way up to Genting to eat Burger King..

Then since my family won't be back, Benny had to stay over at my hse last nite cos I am such a scaredy cat. We had to head straight for his house after reaching the spore custom and then he packed his stuff and went back to my hse. Felt bery bad that I had to trouble him...worst that I had to work noon shift today and hence he had to go to work in the morning on his own. Sorry sorry...will make it up to you..

By the way, I am actually typing this rushed entry during my work break. Will update again when I have more time, tada~~

No comments: