Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i dreamed a dream..from britain got talent

watched this video a few days back...cried the first two times i watched it..it says alot tat i am watching this video in the middle of the night..this little video gives us so many lessons...look at it n u know wat i mean..look at the expressions on the judge's and audience's faces..she showed them good alright!

her voice is so uplifting but the song is so sad..kept replayin this song over and over..is it the voice or the lyrics tat's getting to me? it reminds me of something..somehow..

so i am putting this up bcos:

1) love her voice!
2)love the song, the lyrics!

actually i like quite a few songs from musicals even though i have never watched a musical before...somehow the lyrics for the songs in musicals are so expressive..it just make my heart ache...are there really dreams that cannot be?


Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream - Pipo

There was a time, when men were kind
And their voices were soft
And their words were inviting
There was a time, when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untested

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
But there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

No comments: