Tuesday, August 26, 2008

updates..

So what have I been up to recently? Nothing much in particular..just a recap of where and who I went out with...

Went to Angeline's shop with Keri, Kathy and Terence. Keri did a dna healing while I bought two crystal bracelets for happiness and career. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will do me some good.

Have not seen Terence for half a year. He lost some weight too. He commented that I look fresher, and that the green dress I was wearing is nice. Got it at Bangkok for about $6, a real bargain hehee. We ate dinner and chatted some before heading home.

Met up for dinner with Kennedy at causeway point for dinner. Prior to that, he was complaining that he had already asked me out countless times and if this goes on, he only be able to see me at his wedding. Was so embarrassed after that that I immediately met him up. Had dinner at Yoshinoya, then went up to the movie theatres to see if there are any movies available. Unfortunately we took a long time eating and the last movie just started..am thinking of what to get for his wedding..instead of giving him a red packet. And there's his birthday also...headache.


Met up with a certain someone also at causeway point a few days later for dinner movie. Was very tired as I had interviews the whole day starting from the morning, and two of the interviews were located in those niao bu sheng dan(translation: where even birds wouldn't lay their eggs) places. Only had a half hour break for lunch, that's it. The rest of the time was spend on taking transport and interviews. It's not such a good idea after all. I thought I was saving time but ended up tired rushing from one place to another. So after the last interview ended, I rushed back home to bath and meet him. Was late for half an hour..it's all very hectic. We ate at Yoshinoya(again) and then it's off to see Death Race.The show was quite alrite, fast dangerous cars, some blood and gore, voluptuous woman. A typical guy's show. The woman in the show were drool-inducing, but the guys...sigh. Anyway, one of the voluptuous woman got killed in the most disgusting way..yikes. After the show, he send me back home. Stayed underneath my block to chat for sometime. The frankest conversation we've had in ages. When I reached back home, my mum amazingly deduced who I was out with cos according to her, I had this queer expression on my face.


Attended Karen's or in her own words, "lao niang's birthday" bbq at pasir ris costa sands. It's her 21st. Saw some of my old colleagues john, liling, yihan, benson, colleen, emily and grace. Karen cut her hair to a bob, think it suits her. Our present for her was a batminton racket. After the cutting of the birthday cake, they went off while I stayed back as I wanted to catch up with Karen. Nur, another colleague arrived later. Got to hear she broke up recently. Wah her story is so sad that I was gonna tear. It's all about loving each other and enjoying the moment while it lasts. I agreed with her that all the time spent is not for nothing, it's the experieces with him that makes her grow as a person and shapes her into what she is today. Also did some gossiping with Nur and Karen. Actually I mostly listened..haha..but rather interesting. Had some alcohol and reached home with a headache.

Went for a interview in the morning yesterday at Suntec, then met up with Gerald at Plaza Sing where he treated me to Pizza Hut. Had an enjoyable time catching up and he was mentioning going out next friday. He's the type that's conservative and traditional, but zilch experiece with gals due to his working schedule. If in terms of looks and career, he actually quite eligible le. Very funny, while chatting the word "strip party" pop up in our conversation. He actually laughed shyly, look down at the table, before whispering the words out. But our conversation is decent ok!

Last night went out with family with the exception of sister to east coast park for a little walk. My mum have not been to the beach for quite a few years, and it's the first time for my baby niece.






Sat on one of the benches that faces the sea. The night breeze was cooling. Together with the sea singing it's lullaby, you could just lie down and fall asleep. At least for me.

After that we headed over to changi airport terminal 3 to walk around. Ended up at Mac eating fries..as if we don't have a Mac over here. :( When we arrived back home, its already 1plus in the night. Dead tired.

And today is Junie's 27th birthday, sent her an birthday sms wishing that she will look 25 forever! She is having fever, poor thing.

********************************************************************

Something I leeched on the net.

One Day to Live

If you had only one day to live, how would you live it? You might first take care of your loved ones by arranging your financial affairs and making sure that any loose ends are tidied up. Then you might contact anyone that you need to say something to, and find, surprisingly, that you will more often than not have something nice to say. Faced with only a day, the fear that feeds resentment seems to melt away.

Then you might eat some ice cream, or smoke a few cigarettes, maybe watch a sunset for the last time noticing how exquisitely beautiful it is, and maybe pet your dog. And that night, you would hold the one you love, very tight, and notice how beautiful she is, and always has been.

Then you might reflect on your life; the mistakes you made, the triumphs, thinking not only of your own successes, but the assistance you received from all the unselfish people in your past, the ones you never remembered, until this day; the ones that helped you out.

Maybe you will wonder what in the world you were thinking of when you gambled away so many possibilities of expressing love. My, how quickly life goes by, and perhaps you now understand, at last, the really important things, and how you could have made life so much easier for so many others. But you did the best you could with what you had, and as Frank Sinatra once sang, I did it my way.

As the day closes, you might wonder why you didn’t live each day as you did this one, as if it were your last. Such a good question. What was it, exactly, that moved your attention off things so important? Why is it that you seemed to think you had so much time to do these things later?

You can never be sure you know; you might have only a day.

No comments: