Monday, July 28, 2008

The first of things to come

Wun be writing much for tonite, but I'll try the best I can. Still feeling dizzy from Escape Theme Park outing. Today will be my dad's bd. So dad, wherever u are, I remembered. I saw a white-haired elderly gentlemen today in a checkers shirt, dark pants and a walking stick. He looked nothing like you, except for the feeble part. But he was queuing in line for the doubles go-cart with no doubt, another family member. It's a silly thought, was just wondering if you would have liked it sitting beside me had I been the one to drive the go-cart. Its just a silly thought punctuated with wat-ifs.

Last sun was the 1st year anniversary of your death, so we went down to the Mandai Crematorium together with baby. And so you got ur first look at ur grand-daughter, and she, the granddad who would have doted on her.

They'll always conversed to ur plaque which holds a porcelain photo of you. I seldom do. All I think of is the ashes that lies behind. They are just fragments of a physical body, and I dun tink u r trapped there. Its a dislocated reality for me, at least. Well, Well, Well. U never know who is going to join u next. I have prayed many times for a swift end, which has not happened, yet. Mayb it will.

So there, the first of my bds without you, the first of ur death anniversary 6 days later, and 8 days later, the first of ur bds that we wun be with u.

Things will get easier the second time around.

2 comments:

Paul said...

It is always sad when we think of a loved one. I understand how u feel as I lost my close buddy last yr too.

Do take care.

Anonymous said...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-10
1 There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven. 2 A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. 3 A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to rebuild. 4 A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. 5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. 6 A time to search and a time to lose. A time to keep and a time to throw away. 7 A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak up. 8 A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.

Your time is not yet... Leave things in God's hands. Sometimes eternity & heaven (perhaps even God) seem so distant, but its closer to you than you think or can even imagine...

Your dad is in eternity... I believe he knows all that is happening with you and your family. Don't be so despondent! Take care!