Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ramblings

Soon after I posted the previous post, Karen msg me on msn asking me where I bought the book from. I actually loaned it from the library, but Amazon and Kinokuniya are carrying it. So gave her Kinokuniya's number for her to call and check. She is planning to buy for one of her fren who lost someone recently. Hope her fren will find it useful.

Been getting cranky from the whole of last wk till now, due to some impending matter thats looming on my mind. In tears now n then when thoughts overwhelmed me. Craziness.

Threw a tantrum at Jeff when we met up, burst into tears when he repeatedly ask me if I am ok. He was horrified. It would have been funny if I were in the mood to laugh.

Went to the beach with Jimmy. Shed tears when he ask me why am I so quiet. Other than that, I was lost in my own world watching the bright lights from the other side of the sea beckoning to us...Watching the planes twinkling as they cut through the sky, the artificial stars of the night. Listened to the soft rustling of the sea waves washing up the shore. Startled occasionally by the sharp sound of the ship horn blaring defiantly in the distance..It's at times like this that I retreated to a world of my own. But appreciated that Jimmy sacrificed his sleep for me, thanks.

Met with Eric, he entertained me with his jokes and stories. Good company. Sorry that you din get to sleep for 24hrs. Study hard.

Watch the movie "10 promises to my dog" with mum. I don't really think it's that nice. It might be that I was drenched in the rain and shivering in the cinema. All I could think of was when the movie will be ending.

Met up with Caleb. It's been a year since I last saw him. He is still the same person as he ever was. I like his company very much. Looking forward to his present.

Just had a thought. If there is ever a person I liked, one of the most enjoyable things I can think of is sitting together in companionable silence. Like, him playing video games and me reading a book. The presence of each other would suffice. That, to me is contentment. Wondering if it is too much to ask? Or too little?

Tomorrow is my birthday. I dun have any feeling yet, except profound sadness.

2 comments:

s said...

oh yeah, happy 2x birthday!

quite strange that u're so meloncholic tis year. u've always been cheerful and bizarrely ignorant about hardship when i knew u. wat's really bothering u? be good if u can write it out. writing helped me a lot. especially listening to a sad love song and crying my eyes out while venting it all out on my blog. it's good therapy.

cheer up. tomorrow is always a better day :)

Jasmine Lee said...

great, will try it out, thanks man :)