Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Escape theme park

It's my first time to visit this place, and also with Secret. I was disappointed when I saw from the ticketing counter that there were 3 rides under servicing until further notice..but it was not stated in their website. AND they seem to be the top 3 most popular rides somemore... :(

Well, just have to make do with watever they have available.

I tried almost every ride in the park except for those that are specifically for kids...

a. Ferris Wheel - wah, bery small cabin, good if u wan to gei xiao touch here touch there? No la, I am just kidding. No "breathtaking view" as the website claimed, but as we all know, marketing tends to bullshit.

b. Hunted House - It was really dark, u cun see much of the ground u are walking on, AND that is the real scary part. :)

c. Inverter - Goes 360 degrees over n over again... I was half moaning whenever we were hanging upside down in the air.

d. Family Coaster - Oh my, its one of the shortest(in height) roller coaster I have ever seen, although I adore roller coaster rides... Oh yeah baby, we screamed all right...Screamed in agony whenever the coaster did its rough turns..haha. He kinda hit his back and I hit my arm..countless times.

e. Daytona Beginner's Track(2-seater) - Hey I am a speed racer now! He had kindly let me have the honour of being the driver, which I repaid by making him worrying abt his life, BCOS of:

1) my narrow misses of crashing into the wall
2) my sharp twists n turns of the steering wheel (which I "learned" from playing Daytona at the arcade)
3) The fact that I only remembered how to accelerate but not to brake...

f. Daytona Go-Kart(single-seater) - Now I am scared cos its riding by myself. Had a few reckless drivers overtaking me and narrowly missed hitting me when they switched to my lane..*&$%$#@#$%....

g.
Flipper - "Spin round and round, and if that's not enough, spin upside down too!" Basically we were strapped to a cup-like thing under the blazing sun..so there we were with the sun in our eyes as we tried to keep our lunch down where it belonged.

h.
Kite Flyer - We had to be strapped lying face down and with our hands each holding onto a steel pole..brings to mind some images of sadomachistism..heh heh heh.

I. Pirate Ship - At least the viking ride seems the same as all my previous encounters. We sat on the topmost seat! My hands were trembling and my whole body felt like jelly hehe..I screamed uncontrollably..shiok!~As for him..he pretended he was just pretending to scream, when in fact he was trying not to scream.. :P


We also played some games at the Central Pavilion..but unfortunately din manage to win anything.. :( Luckily got two mini winnie the pooh soft toys from a scratch n win coupon..

It was evening when we headed back home..a tiring day since we have been out since morning. He asked if I had enjoyed myself, and I smiled back without really replying. It was much more than that. I always did treasure every moment that he was there. It's like an unexpected viewing of a shooting star. You wished it would last longer, but u know that if u just blink ur eye, it be gone regardless of whether u are prepared for it to go.

I supposed one has to be thankful for the little pleasures..He was amicable enough tat day, trying his best to pander to whichever rides I had fancied to take. It's obvious he was not feeling well after some of the rides we took, but he made the effort still. Like when we took the pirate ship for the 3rd time, as it plunged down, he started screaming, "tell me why am i doing this?!" And he tried to take care of me in little ways. Like taking the go-cart just behind mine and telling me not to worry, he will stay just behind of me all the way and look out for me. Or dissuading me from going ktv straight after in case I fell sick from the cold as I din bring any jacket. I appreciate watever he did. [edited 4.34am, 31st july: sometimes the smallest of things could mean the most to another.]

In any case, I have long ago given up on rationalizing the inexplicable pull tat he had on me...Whatever will be, will be.

No comments: