Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A little chit chat

Had dinner with Carrie and Kathy at cwp last wk. Haven seen Carrie for a while and she had a new bf recently, so just wanna find out the details, heheh.

Anyway I was quite surprised when she mentioned they are already discussing plans for marriage which involves a two year plan. That lead to a discussion about guys and relationships. It's really interesting, I have a lot of theories about relationships that I am still working out in my head. U see couples that has been together for a couple of years and maybe the guy hasn't even discussed marriage in detail, must less pop the question. Some couples just get together a few mths and they get married, tada! (that applies to my cousin Terence and his wife Kris)

So how do you know whether if the guy in mind considers u as part of his future? HE WILL TELL U. At least, tats what I gathered from Carrie, and also from Joa. Maybe not tell u directly, but at least drop hints in conversations pertaining to future or marriage. I tink it makes perfect sense, it's sort of like a bulb lighted up in my head. AHA.Cos u might like a person, but that doesn't mean u wan to be with them forever, bcos u know they are not The One.

Not the one u wanna wake up next to every morning, have kids with, comfortably grow old with, cracking jokes, laughing AND holding hands decades down the road. I supposed with the right one, its a journey of self-discovery, simply bcos both of u give each other strength to walk on together. I cun imagine a loveless marriage, feeling empty and devoid of serenity. Or that love can fade after marriage, because seeing old couples holding hands inspires and give me hope. Of course, seeing how some other couples end up also gives me nightmares.........


Some pics of me n baby, her expression very funny hehe


No comments: