Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A lullaby

I believe most, if not all of u would have heard this kid lullaby while growing up.

"San/Liang zhi lao hu, San/Liang zhi lao hu, pao de kuai, pao de kuai..

Yi zhi mei you yan jing, yi zhi mei you er duo

Zhen qi guai, zhen qi guai"

My question is, is it 2 or 3 tigers?

My bro n his wife insisted that its two tigers bcos there are only TWO tigers mentioned in the lullaby.

My sis and I tink its three tigers, the reason y the third tiger never got mentioned in the lullaby? Because the third tiger is NORMAL.

My mum is so easily influenced, she was the one who sang "3 tigers" lullaby to us when we were babies. And when told it might be "two tigers", she laughed derisively. And yet several days later, out of the blue she ask me uncertainly:

"Is it two or three tigers har?"

My poor baby niece whom we have been singing different versions to, will probably grow up confused.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Nice song. I like it.