Monday, May 5, 2008

What are you?

Something I wrote for fun. :)


Are u a sorcerer? Casting an unwitting spell upon me.
Or rather is it me, willingly spunning this web entrapping me.
Are u a rainbow? Although u like most the colour blue.
Or the ocean, which then i'll go the depths for you.

Are you the gentle pair of hands, that keeps me warm at night?
Or just a stranger, familar for once I knew your voice.
Are u a child, letting me nurture and to keep?
Or a lost treasure, which i failed endlessly to reach.
Are you the clouds, shifting and changing at whim?
Or a diamond, one that fails to forge a ring?
Do i run, do i hide?
Or shall i welcome heartbreak with open arms?

What's the truth, and what's pretence?
Does time really tell, indeed?

Maybe you are a poisoned rose?
A prick of innocence to leave me dead.
But your lingering fragrance still remains.

Maybe you are a kaleidoscope?
Through your eyes I'll see beautifully distorted reality,
Yet an intricate myriad of colours leaves me craving senselessly.

Or you are just the summer breeze, touching me so light.
A gentle whispher, a gentle sigh.
You were gone even before I bade goodbye.

No comments: