Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dinner, God and Marriage

Just came back home. Met with C at Botak Jones again for dinner. And this time round they gave us a free chicken soup worth $6.50 cos they were abt to close kitchen, heheh. Must go there near closing time to get good bargain :P

Visited her house after that and had an interesting talk with her abt the diference between being religious and spiritual, if prayers are more effective spoken aloud, how does a revelation come about, and if the bible has been correctly interpreted from the original text.

Her mum and sis were in the living room as well and we had an enjoyable time chatting about marriage. Her mum was advising us to just get a guy and settle down because time is running out for us soon. C and i protested of course, it's not as if marriage is like buying vegetables from the wet market right?

It's only if you are absolutely certain that you are able to love the person for that whole of your life that marriage comes into question. Anything less than this...is out. Anyway, the high rates of divorce cases are making me lose quite a bit of faith. People don't seem to take it that seriously anymore...if considering the marriage vows they have taken as below:


Will you, _________________ take this man _________________ to be your wedded husband, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to him, so long as you both shall live?
Answer: I will! I Will! I WILL!!!!


Oh by the way, you can always write your own marriage vows. So how about something like this:

With every beat of my heart, with every breath I take, I will love you with my entire being. I pledge to be your rock, your anchor, your support and whichever you need. Forever I'll be delighted to share your joys and sorrow. And wherever you go, then that is my home. That is where I willlingly follow. I will love you with my heart, mind and soul. And I'll never forsake you till the day death do us part.

Ya, a tad mushy..this is only an example la...

No comments: