Friday, May 2, 2008

Guardian Angel

A poem i wrote sometime back. Don't think it rhymes very much, but then i have never claimed to be a master of poetry.

He is my guardian angel
Unattainable.
Inscrutable.

Staying by me if my mind is in a whirl
Catching me if ever I should falter
He watches over me as I lay in deep sleep
An imaginery kiss from him and I'll be released

His beauty lies within, somewhere the depths I couldn't reach

His mask hides a world of his own
Intriguing yet so beguiling
Compelling me with a force I don't understand
Captures my heart like some strange affliction

He is just a few steps away, a deception, my delusion

Be still my fervent heart
Let it beat softly without strain
Hide that gaping emptiness from his sight
Let my face be a well trained act of normalcy
And My hands, well refrained with whatever will I can muster

No reaching out to shatter this dream
In return, he'll never leave

No comments: