Friday, May 2, 2008

The day after Labour day

Just came back home. Went outside for a few hours, just downstairs chit-chatting with Martin, then heading over to Mac for breakfast. Martin is a friend i just got to know recently in the last one wk plus. So far we met up once for breakfast, and this time for supper. He is 28, graduated from Harvard, studied in Boston and New York for 5 years, working in a very very large company, earning truckloads of money due to the nature of his job. That is not including his sideline, which earns him a filthy amount of money too. I wonder why is it that in the last few mths, i actually had the chance to know guys who are earning far, far beyond what i would normally expected, an interesting trend. So far he seems to be alrite, and going by his supposed encounters with countless gals who wanted to know him, "a good catch".

He likes to give me lots of advice about life, interspected with true life stories to back it up. But i don't agree with all the things he says, and there were times we clashed heads together, and times where we firmly believed each of our own opinions is correct. I have told him time and time again that he is entitled to his own opinion, and i to mine. He claims i am stubborn, which i admitted i am. I do get worked up when he is trying to over rule certain things which i have an iron clad view of my own. Issues like trust, love, whether you should keep in contact with an ex.

He thinks its a great idea for me to go overseas if i want to experience their life or culture, but not if i am rumning away. So what if i am running away? Ha! The further the better. Anyway he did said something nice out of the blue during our conversation. He mentioned why he chose to come out with me and not some other gals is because he finds me genuine and without ulterior motives, and it's hard to find a person like that nowadays. Wow, like he can read me so easily when we've only just met each other up for 2 times? He really does have alot of knowledge for a 28 year old though. While eating breakfast, he was asking me if i ever saw Schindler's List, and i told him nope, because i know i will be deeply affected. Undaunted, he recounted the movie's storyline, and i ended up crying over my hotcakes. I told u so, Martin.

I am not sure if i will see him again though, because he will be going new york for work soon. But regardless, he did his best to motivate me with his pep talk and all. All the best for your trip.

No comments: